Friday, February 3, 2012

The One Where I Rhymed at Work

I work in corporate America, and being in corporate America and being Morgan is sometimes a tricky task. You may be thinking, "Obviously you don't work that hard if you are blogging at work," but to you, I say, "Everyone gets a lunch break, so back off."

Anyways, I have been at my company for almost two years and have been in my current position for 7 months. I work in sales so it's easy to get discouraged. But only just today I realized something. Being boring isn't getting me anywhere. . . acting how I think people in my position should act isn't getting results. So maybe, if I am a little bit more me - I still won't get results - but I'll have more fun. Haha. Just kidding. Anyways, I'm trying some new stuff - I mean, what have I got to lose. . . other than my job. Which I won't because I am always the epitome of professionalism.

Behold - a poem I wrote for a mailer I will be soon sending out to lease space in random stip center . . .

Hello, and greetings to you and yours!
An opportunity has come forth.
For your church which is here near Gallipolis,
To expand or relocate to fill your needs!
Perhaps you need an office? Or a place for the youth?
A place to practice music, or study God’s truth?
A place just for gatherings, be larger or small,
For eating and meeting, a dining hall?
I have just the place – 17,000 square feet to deliver,
Off Upper Valley Road, the Plaza at Ohio River.

Don't hate.

PS. Shout out to the one random person who read my blog last night from South America - ok, you probably didn't read it. You probably found it randomly googling something else. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment